Come and join us at Hitchin Apple Day - a celebration of the great British apple - with lots of delicious heritage and modern apple and pear varieties to taste and buy, sales of apple juice and apple-related foodstuffs, plus wildlife. sustainability and environmental stalls/information and some fun activities for kids, all held in Hitchin town square to raise funds for the Triangle Community Garden Hitchin.
If you'd like to volunteer to help man one of our stalls on the day please email us at [email protected] - we'd love to hear from you!
Stalls will include:
- Yom - vegan hot food and snacks with an apple twist
- Mayfly Cider - a range of delicious local ciders
- Pings Pickles - chutneys pickles etc
- Brocklebys Pies - a range of pies including apple ones
- Zuckermaus Bakery - Austrian cakes including apple cake and strudel
- Friends of the Earth
- Waste Warriors
- Plastic Free Hitchin
- Hitchin Hedgehog Care
- What if Craftivists
The aims of the day are:
• to promote healthy eating,
• celebrate local fruit in season (particularly traditional varieties),
• show benefits of growing and using your own fruit and vegetables,
• encourage greater awareness of where food comes from
• encourage greater awareness of issues around sustainability/environmental impact,
• promote the benefits of outdoor activities particularly communal gardening, and
• encourage local participation in and support of the Triangle Community Garden
• raise funds for the Triangle Community Garden and its projects.